It isn’t hard to understand why discerning furniture shoppers would want to find an affordable replica of the iconic Arne Jacobsen egg chair.
Jacobsen was one of the most influential figures in the history of Danish design, and a titan of the furniture industry whose name belongs with other legends like Ray Eames, Eero Aarnio and Hans Wegner.
In addition to excellent quality, his timeless designs have stood the test of time thanks to their fluid lines that convey an unmistakable sense of movement, while still providing ultimate comfort.
His original egg chair was designed in the late 1950s for Copenhagen’s Radisson SAS Royal hotel (along with the equally beloved swan chair) and produced by Republic of Fritz Hansen.
And while you can still buy an authentic egg chair from the original manufacturer, you’ll have to pay mightily for the privilege:
The classic chair costs nearly $6,000 (😱 !!!!) on Fritz Hansen’s website, which is waaaay more than most of us can afford, even for an undeniably iconic piece.
Fortunately for those of us who love the original design but don’t want to take out a second mortgage just to afford it, today there are a number of brands who offer a more affordable “homage” to the iconic egg chair at some much more reasonable price points.
In this post we’ve rounded up a handful of the very best replicas that capture the iconic design of the original, but cost a (helluva) lot less.
The (Absolute) Best Egg Chair Replicas
Rounding Up the Best Replica Egg Chairs Like Arne Jacobsen’s Original
Overall Best Egg Chair Replica ↓
- 4.5 Stars
- 103 Reviews
- Genuine leather
- Stainless steel base
- 2 colors available
Sohnne specializes in re-creating the iconic style of the 20thc century’s best designs, so it’s no surprise that their leather egg chair replica easily tops our list.
Closely mimicking the high wing chair dimensions that make the original such an eye-catching accent piece, this faithful reproduction is a sculptural masterpiece that makes an excellent addition to just about any living space or office environment.
And like the original, it manages to combine its high style with sheer comfort thanks to an inner shell containing ultra-plush polyurethane foam and an exterior made from top-grain genuine leather upholstery.
But the best part might be the price tag:
At less than $2,000, this chair is about ⅓ the price of the original.
Plus Sohnne offers free shipping and a one year warranty, which makes this not only the best egg chair replica on the market, but the best value.
I bought this egg chair reproduction in leather and am very impressed with it, particularly considering the price (I have seen standard leather chairs for higher prices).
The level of craftsmanship is excellent and accurately represented, which I think is important for online shops.
- 5 Stars
- 4 Reviews
Another company known for high-quality reproductions of iconic styles, Kardiel’s Amoeba chair has the same instantly recognizable look, and makes a good choice for anyone who wants some alternate fabric options.
The upholstery on their Amoeba chair blends premium wool with synthetic fiber, making it both soft and durable, while the high density foam provides plenty of comfort when sinking into the chair with a good book or a cup of coffee (or, ideally, both).
At the time of this writing it’s only available in one color, but fortunately that color is a versatile medium-gray that can work just as well in dens and living rooms as it does in offices and reception areas.
Fantastic addition to our living room.
– Bill B.
Best of the Rest
While the Sohnne and Kardiel models above offer by far the best quality of any reproductions we’ve found online, they’re not the only options available.
Each of the reproductions below offer decent alternatives in respect of the dimensions, and closely mimic the original’s curving structure and flowing design to offer evidence of movement.
They also provide a few more color options, in case you’re looking for a specific color to suit your style or decor.
- 4.3 Stars
- 4 Reviews
Look perfect! exactly like shows on page, material is perfect and chairs are very steady.
- 4.4 Stars
- 5 Reviews
These chairs are spot on! The colour is perfect with a bold sheen to the velvet!
Very little assembly and came on time with help from Wayfair Staff! Thank you!
– Aimee Lauren Interiors
- 5 Stars
- 3 Reviews
Beautiful chair and well made! Perfect accent piece for our new house office.
- 4.3 Stars
- 3 Reviews
Wonderful addition to my mid century living room.
- 4.2 Stars
- 219 Reviews
This is a very comfortable chair. It’s also very commanding in the space. Definitely a statement piece. Seems like it will hold up as well.
More (Affordable) Replicas of Iconic (But Expensive!) Designer Furniture ↓
- The 5 Best Replicas of Eero Saarinen’s Womb Chair
- The 19 Best Charles Eames Lounge Chair Replicas
- The 5 Best Wassily Chair Replicas
- The 11 Best Barcelona Chair Replicas
- The Best Noguchi Coffee Table Replicas
- The (Absolute) Best Wishbone Dining Chair Replicas
- The 9 Best Marcel Breuer Cesca Chair Replicas
- The Best Togo Chair Replicas Like Ligne Roset’s Original
- The Best Arne Jacobsen Swan Chair Replicas
- The Best Gubi Pacha Lounge Chair Replicas
More Advice on Stylish & Sturdy Men’s Furniture ↓
- The 27 Best Computer & Office Chair Models For Long Hours
- The 33 Best Stores Like World Market
- The 33 Best Furniture Stores Like Restoration Hardware
- The 31 Best Furniture Stores & Web Sites Like Wayfair
- The 21 Best Leather Recliner Chairs (incl. Full Grain, Leather Match & Italian Leather Models)
- The 31 Best Stores Like Homegoods
- 33 Furniture Stores Like Crate & Barrel for Modern Home Decor
- The 9 Best Folding and Portable Pool Tables
- The 19 Best Recliners for Short People
- The 13 Most Comfortable Recliner Chairs with Strong Foam Padding
- The 30 Best Websites & Furniture Stores Like Ikea
- The Best TV Recliners for the Next Time You Want to Binge
- 33 Home Furniture Stores Like Pottery Barn for Stylish Home Decor
- 44 Furniture Stores Like West Elm for Modern & Stylish Home Decor
- The 17 Best Recliners for Back Pain